Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weeks 24-25- Vacation

I am officially on summer break and am enjoying not having to get up before the sun everyday. Ryan and I recently returned from two and a half weeks in Boston and Maine. We had an incredible time. I admit I was a little nervous about how I would handle flying and traveling while pregnant, but am happy to say that I had no difficulties at all.

Ryan spent the first week (in Boston) attending a course at Harvard while I hung out with our friends that we were staying with, Jeff and Clarissa. It was great to get to relax and just enjoy the time with Ryan and friends. Maine was also a lot of fun. We stayed with some more friends up there (Russ and Krisztina) and just enjoyed the beautiful scenery and wildlife. Our first night there we spied a doe and her fawn on the front lawn through the window . It was so neat to see them roaming through the yard. We also saw some other cool animals we don't usually see here in Florida- a woodchuck, a chipmunk and even a fox. I also am fully convinced I saw a bear on one of our drives, but couldn't convince Ryan. I'm still waiting to see a moose. Maybe on our next trip.

I have definitely crossed the line into "she's definitely pregnant" territory. It is now clearly obvious that I am with child. I successfully made it through the school year before switching completely to maternity clothes. And I have to say they are of course much more comfortable. I was having to get very creative with my existing clothes to make them fit. My mom and I did a little clothes shopping before I left for vacation. We found some great clothes at JCPenney's and I really like my "new wardrobe".

I am not too big yet, but I have definitely noticed that it is getting harder to do things like bend over (although I am happy to say I can still see my feet!) and get comfortable in bed or on the couch. The baby also really enjoys doing somersaults in my tummy. Thankfully he hasn't kicked anything too vital yet, but I always get a kick out of watching my stomach move up and down.


I am posting my latest belly shot. This photo was taken in Maine along a beautiful cliff walk by the ocean. I am twenty-five weeks pregnant in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment