Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 16- A Beary Good Week


I officially hit my 16th week of pregnancy this past Thursday. It is amazing to me how quickly the time has flown by. In only a few short weeks I will be halfway through my pregnancy. Unbelievable! Nothing too exciting has been going on. I have gained 7 pounds so far. I don't think I am going to be able to wear my normal clothes for too much longer. Thank heaven for the Belly Band! My hope is to finish out the school year in my "normal" clothes and then jump into maternity clothes for the summer. I've got another month to go so we'll see.

My next doctor's appointment is May 5th. I am seeing a different doctor in the practice because I want to be able to get to know all of them, since I don't know which one will be on call when the baby is born. At this appointment I am hoping to get to make my appointment for my next ultrasound. This ultrasound would be when Ryan and I find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I am really looking forward to finding out. Should I be shopping for Transformers or Barbies?

Last week Ryan bought his first official gift for the baby- an adorable teddy bear that he made at the Build a Bear Workshop. He bought the bear and a very smart looking pair of teddy bear glasses for him. I thought it was such a sweet gift that I am including a picture of it. The bear is sitting atop a pile of kids games we have been collecting over the years for our kids. Doesn't the bear look like such a smart bear?

Once we find out if we are having a boy or a girl Ryan wants us to both go to the Build a Bear Workshop and each create a bear for the baby. I think that is such a sweet idea! I am really looking forward to going because I have always wanted to go and build a bear. Ryan is going to be an awesome dad, the baby will totally have him wrapped around their little finger!

I will have more news next week and hopefully another belly shot. I feel like my tummy has just kind of popped out in the past couple of weeks! It is definitely all good though! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment