Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 15 Update and Some Pics

I am officially halfway through week 15 of my pregnancy. It is hard to believe how fast the time is going. In only a few short weeks we hope to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I have been feeling much better and have been eating more. I have gained 5 pounds so far! Yesterday I went to Target and bought my very first maternity clothes. I will say they are much more comfortable than my regular clothes. I also bought a belly band which will allow me to wear my regular clothes longer. It slips over my unbuttoned waistband, covering up my pants so you can't tell they're unbuttoned. It's really a nifty little invention.

I have read on BabyCenter.com that the baby is now the size of an apple and is about 4 inches long. It can even suck its thumb at this point. Quite amazing! I am starting to show a bit more. Most people still look at me a little funny when I tell them I'm pregnant, but my friends are starting to notice my little baby belly. It of course all depends on what I wear too.



I am posting a couple of pictures that I thought would be interesting to share. The first is our very first "baby" picture. It is a photo of the 2 embryos that we had implanted on January 18th. I have no way of knowing which of the embryos in the picture is actually our baby, but it's still a really cool picture of the beginning of the baby's life.



The second picture is my first ultrasound taken at 7 weeks. The baby is very, very tiny, but if you look really closely you can see it between the two x's at the right end of the black blob (aka yolk sac). At the time it definitely didn't look like much on the screen either, but we could clearly see the baby's heartbeat which was absolutely incredible.

We hope you enjoy the photos. I will send more photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment